Share | 

job cuts

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
shar

Number of posts : 304
Registration date : 2009-01-14

PostSubject: job cuts   Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:30 pm

ok, i just talked to my mom on the phone, and i am now feeling the need to vent a bit. sorry, but its just one of those things that i need to do or go insane. ok, well my mom has been working at harley davidson in milwaukee, wisconsin for about 9 yrs now. anyway, they got the news about a week ago that with the economy the way it is, harley has decided to close down some plants and cut employees. reason, they only made a couple hundred million dollars last year. boo fucking hoo!!! so what they have decided to do here, is cut so many people from plants around the country. well, in milwaukee, they closed a plant, decided to farm out jobs to other companies, and let everyone go that was hired after 2000. well, bad as that is, my mom was hanging on to her job by literally 20 people. NOW, they are talking about cutting even more people. the representatives comment was, "yes, we are a family here, but this is a business, and that comes first." while i can understand that, i still think this is a shit thing to do. they could give the economy a year at least and see if things get better. its not like it would put them in the red by any means. instead, they are letting people go with no promises of.....if the economy gets better. some of these people.....like my mother which obviously biases me.......are in there 50s and such with no real prospects considering the fact that sooo many companies are doing the same thing. now, this is the company who was all gung ho to steal employees like my mother and quite a few people she worked with at simplicity mfg. for over 26 yrs. now these employees are in serious jeopardy of losing their jobs, homes, and livelihood in general. am i just being a bitch because this subject is soo close to me, or do other people feel like i do??? that instead of farming out jobs that we all desperately need, and cutting employees loose, they could at least try to take the time to find an alternative. i mean, what is 6 months to a company whos biggest complaint is that they only made a couple hundred million last year??? I MEAN, HELL, I KNOW I FOR ONE WOULD JUMP FOR JOY AT EVEN ONE MILLION!!!!! ok, sorry for the rant, but i feel a bit better for having said it, even if there isnt a damn thing i can do about it. oh, and the other kicker...........anyone who is hired there is forced to sign a confidentiality clause, so they cant even rant about their circumstances like i am. technically, they are not even supposed to rant to family. wtf!
Back to top Go down
angel0618

Number of posts : 181
Registration date : 2009-01-10

PostSubject: Re: job cuts   Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:57 pm

i completely understand where you're coming from. i am talking from experience because i have been laid off from work since august. it was all because the higher ups wanted more money for them selves so they decide to say 'screw you' to the low men on the pole.

i honestly find it ridiculious and unfair like you do

ok i'm done venting now
Back to top Go down
Snow

Number of posts : 208
Registration date : 2009-01-08

PostSubject: Re: job cuts   Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:00 pm

I'm so very sorry for your mom I hope everything will work out for the best for her!
And HELL YEAH those huge companies suck cause at the end of the day the one & only thing that matters is profit!
Back to top Go down
shar

PostSubject: Re: job cuts   Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:09 pm

i am glad that i am not the only one who feels this way.....i feel like such a bitch at times (especially when my mom is trying to be soo calm about it all), but i am just one of those people who feels sooo strongly about things like this. i mean, i am honestly one of those people who, as long as i can feed, cloth, and house my son, i can cope. i would give my last penny to someone, as long as he was cared for, and i guess i just dont get how some people can be soooo damn greedy!!! it just makes me furious, the number of lives they are ruining, just so they can live in the lap of luxury. i hope things work out for you with either going back to work, or finding a new job, angel. and thanks for listening to me. now if only some of these companies would learn a little humanity, maybe, just maybe, we could all pull through this!!!and thanks snow, for the well wishes for my mom. as much as we may fight at times, i love her to death, and to see her like this breaks my heart. she could actually lose her home because of this.....which by the way is not paid for, so it would not give her money to live on, just put her in a veryyy bad position. ok, ill stop now lol sorry, i think i need a distraction before i implode!
Back to top Go down
BookFever

Number of posts : 102
Registration date : 2009-01-15

PostSubject: Re: job cuts   Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:02 am

So sorry to hear about your mom, Shar.

So sorry to hear about your situation also, Angel.

Freaking tough time for so many people right now.
We can only pray that things will get better and that even better jobs will come your way in the near future.

Sending positive thoughts and wishes your way.
Lisa
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/lisaforget
shar

PostSubject: Re: job cuts   Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:35 pm

thanks lisa, for the positive thoughts and wishes. i guess it just scares me for her since she is 51, so starting a new job is hard enough, but also the fact that when she took her jobs u didnt need a high school diploma, so she doesnt have one. just makes it all the tougher for her. BUT I AM PRAYING FOR HER!!! if they dont cut anymore jobs this year she will be fine!
Back to top Go down
Charla85

Number of posts : 600
Registration date : 2009-01-08

PostSubject: Re: job cuts   Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:03 pm

I'm sorry to hear about your mom and all the other people that have or are about to lose their jobs. This this economy its a bad time all around.
Back to top Go down
angel0618

PostSubject: Re: job cuts   Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:12 pm

that is true. its even harder for me cause i get my wedding in four months and i am now trying to figure out how to pay for everything its sooooo tressful
Back to top Go down
shar

PostSubject: Re: job cuts   Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:00 pm

i hope all goes well with the wedding angel.....everyone needs some happiness at this time!!!!
Back to top Go down
angel0618

PostSubject: Re: job cuts   Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:07 am

thanks shar i appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: job cuts   

Back to top Go down

job cuts
View previous topic View next topic Back to top